Beverly Kaye is the Founder of Career Systems International and a leading authority on career issues, including retention and engagement in the workplace. She is the international bestselling co author of Love ‘Em or Lose ‘Em: Getting Good People to Stay which has sold over 600,000 copies and has been translated into 22 languages. This book provides 26 practical strategies that any manager can easily implement
Strategies That Retain and Engage Talent
- Why is employee engagement such a hot topic? What happens when you don’t engage?
- What is the role of the manager in engaging and retaining talent?
- How did you come up with the title of your book, Love ‘Em or Lose ‘Em: Getting Good People to Stay?
- In your book you discuss 26 strategies (A-Z). If you had to choose just one strategy to recommend to all managers around the world that would engage and retain talent, what would it be?
- What strategy do managers typically score lowest on?
- In the “J” chapter, you talk about the fact that some managers are “jerks”. How did you research that and what are some examples of “jerk” behavior?
You can learn more about Beverly Kaye and Love ‘Em or Lose ‘Em: Getting Good People to Stay by visiting her website at www.CareerSystemsIntl.com. On the website you can download the first two chapters of this book.
This podcast is presented by Annie Jennings, of the National Publicity Firm, Annie Jennings PR and the creator of JenningsWire online magazine. JenningsWire is capturing the heart of America with its rich community of talented, insightful and relevant bloggers and podcasters!
If you are using a mobile device, please click here.