As the Earth orbits around the sun we turn our pages on the calendar.
Depending upon the exact longitude and latitude, the SUN SIGNS rotate as well, so that approximately the third week of each month we enter a new Astrological sign and constellation. Welcome Fiery Leo!
~~When reading the following, keep in mind that you are a lovely mix of MUNDANE and ESOTERIC.
LEO July 20/21 to August 21/22 The Sun Guides Leo. SUN is the Light, ego, and the basic essence of you.
- The Sun brings power to your sign. It stands in the limelight or wants to knock the daylight out of its competitor.
- The Sun leads the way and hopes to educate and illuminate the children of Earth.
- The Sun warms us and we feel all cuddly…OR the Sun will end up feeling burned if it doesn’t get the right kind of praise. Pride goeth before the Sun because the Sun guides…at least 50% of all Leos.
LEO folks are Proud, gentle creatures who need lots and lots of strokes in order to shine brightly.
MUNDANE Leos have a way of making you feel inadequate. This is because their concept of sharing is distorted. They believe the people of Earth are here to give to them. They’re not mean, it’s just that nothing is ever enough for them because, let’s face it…no one can outshine a Leo. They dictate and rule. It sure is lonely at the top, though. Their wound of ‘not being enough’ runs deeper than you’ll ever see.
ESOTERIC Leos give and give. They’re so uncomfortable receiving because they’re so very sensitive and wound easily. So in their minds, it’s better to receive by giving. Giving is how a Leo feels needed. They are the consummate doting parent. They have a creative mind and bring laughter to every event. They make wonderful teachers and best friends. They give great big hugs. Leos need to be aware of their spines (support system) and their hearts (flow of love and wounds.) Once Leo realizes that they are enough and can share without the fear of being harmed, they stop looking for validation and receive their recognition and validation.
Top 5 things NOT to say to Leo (Leo Rising Sign)
1. It’s not always about you. If you’d like to watch your Leo explode with defense, say that. Like the sun, Leo’s are bright energies that on some level would like to be the center of everyone’s universe…because they really do want to help you. (Even if you’re not asking!) Some Leo’s (especially Leo Rising signs) are used to having people orbit their world. It’s not a negative thing. It’s more about Leo understanding that in order to reach the world, they must interact with it, not demand or expect from it.
It’s so very key for a Leo to give as much as to receive (and without expectation!) Once they learn this by doing this, Leos make great entertainers and fantastic educators and business leaders and are in the limelight! (Or at least are humbly appreciative…)
2. Give me the keys, I’ll drive. Leos like to be in control. They like to direct traffic, too. That’s because they’re tremendous leaders and can shed light on your situation in life. If your Leo is willing, tell them that you’d love to pamper them on a night out…(they’ll adore you for that) and have them close their eyes and blindfold them as you escort them to the passenger side of the car. They might feel a bit out of control and start to give you orders, but remind them that you’re helping them to ALLOW LIFE TO GIVE TO THEM…which is oh, so necessary for their big, generous hearts. (But don’t be surprised if they tell you how to drive or which street to turn down even while they’re blindfolded…because, ya’ know…they do know best.)
3. Woops. We forgot to invite you to the party. Leo’s hate to feel left out! Are you crazy? Make them party coordinator (or president of the company) if you care about them. You need to remember that they wound easily but don’t always show it. (If you forget about your Leo, I wouldn’t go out at night alone If I were you…one dramatic death stare from wounded lion and you’re toast.)
To help them express emotions, beg for forgiveness and let them go on and on and on about how hurtful you are and how it’s your fault. Then when you can’t take the reprimand anymore gently woo them out of their resentment cave and make eye contact. EYE CONTACT is so very important to show them that they matter. They need to feel that they are enough.
Say that in these words, “You ARE enough and matter so much to me!” (And then offer them your first-born.)
4. Let it go, will ya? Okay, I said it in number 3…Let me use different words–Leo’s take everything personally because in order to understand something, they have to relate it to themselves. So if you do something insensitive to your Leo buddy, they’re going to want to lash out at you, BUT WON’T. Instead they’ll hide in their cave and that’s because they’re holding onto, and licking, their wounds until matter and antimatter become one, leading to the annihilation of both.
As soon as Leo allow themselves to feel their deepest emotions in a safe place, without putting a hold on their expression, they can let it go a little at a time. Conversely, if Leo is inadvertently insensitive with you, wow…they feel so so so bad and hang onto trying to make it better.
You see, to ‘let it go,’ Leo unconsciously believes that they have to feel everything that was ever felt and release that explosion into the world and the LAST THING they want to do is cause harm (and feel crappy while doing it.) I know, it’s dramatic, but hey! This is why they make great dramatists, actors, healing facilitators, leaders, and educators…because they can relate!
Oh okay, back to “letting it go”—healing modalities such as EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), Network Chiropractic (energy level chiropracty) and emotive counseling do wonders to help Leo get to the many layers of feelings. And in a flash, they let it go and you’re forgiven…(and another Tennessee Williams play is born.)
5. I already told you I liked it. How many times do you need to hear it? Wow. If you’re even saying this to your Leo you don’t understand them at all. Think about a Lion who’s got a thorn in his paw. They may sound fierce, they may look tough, but inside, they’re just calling out for someone to nurture them!
Tell them over and over again that THEY MATTER and that THEY ARE ENOUGH. If you know any Leos, Leo Rising Signs, or Leo Moon signs—the MOMENT you see them, compliment them. Praise them (and watch how many of them can’t even take it in because receiving is such a delicate and intense matter for them!) They may not always have patience for their mushy feelings. They may not always be sensitive to yours (because it reminds them of their own feelings!) But if you’re honest with them and care for them and nurture them, they are your champion and fan for life. Nice deal.