It’s the season of love.
Whether you’re in love with another human being or not, you must love yourself first.
The wise Diane Von Furstenberg said, “The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself.”
Yet this relationship can often be the hardest to nurture and attain.
This month, commit to the relationship you have with yourself and watch love flow in every area of your life.
Here are 30 ways to fall in love with you.
Invest In Yourself:
- Send yourself flowers for your desk or home.
- Indulge in a blow out or a chic new outfit – you’ve earned it!
- Treat yourself to something that feels luxurious – a manicure, massage or a new scarf, perhaps?
- Plan a vacation you’ve been wanting to take.
- Buy a class package at your favorite yoga studio.
- Enroll in a personal development class or program you’ve been postponing.
Prioritize Your Health:
- Try a new, healthy recipe.
- Drink your favorite green juice or smoothie out of your favorite wine or champagne glass.
- Feed yourself wholesome, nourishing foods and work hard to eliminate the damaging, poisonous ones.
- Make time for exercise you like.
- Take time to prepare a healthy breakfast, lunch and snacks to take work.
- Resist the temptation to eat at your desk or with distractions.
Know the Value of Down Time:
- Soak in a hot bath with Epsom salts and your favorite essential oil.
- Say no to another obligation on your calendar and yes to something fun.
- Schedule time alone, even if you do nothing.
- Spend an afternoon pinning inspiring images and quotes on a Pinterest vision board.
- Shut down your work an hour earlier and get cozy with a good book or cup of tea.
- Take a nap.
Treat Yourself Like You Would a Lover:
- Take yourself on a date to a movie, tea, a restaurant you’ve wanted to try or a museum.
- Dine by candlelight at home alone and use your nice china while you’re at it.
- Write love notes to yourself.
- Cook at home for yourself.
- Wrap yourself in kind and loving words and intentions.
- Enjoy spending time with yourself.
- Choose a feel-good theme song or create an empowering playlist.
- Skip the stretchy pants and dress up for no reason.
- Have that second glass of wine … just this once.
- Pick a mantra that reminds you of how great you’re life is. Write it down where you’ll see it daily.
- Make a mental list of what makes you unique and own it.
- Whether you make it a career, a hobby or a pastime, do what you love.
Ready to invite more love into your life?
The Ready for Love guide showcases 28 ways to open your heart to happiness by embracing love of yourself, your partner, and your community. Plus it includes an aphrodisiac food list to spice up your love life!
Click here to download your Free Guide.
Marissa Vicario is a blogger for JenningsWire, a blogging community created by Annie Jennings.