Stress is inevitable.
Whether you are using self-hypnosis or working with a certified hypnotherapist, focusing on these five values can allow your unconscious mind to align with your conscious mind to manage life’s inevitable stresses:
1) Simplify. Clear away any excesses in your home, office, computer files, phone messages, car, closet, and in your head. If it’s crowded around you, it’s crowded within you. Literal and metaphorical open spaces allow for new people and experiences. Everything you see should be useful, meaningful, or beautiful to you.
2) Trust. You can deal with whatever life presents to you. Indeed, you always have! Whatever happens to us happens for us.
3) Ask for help. Some of us believe we should do it all ourselves, and in reality none of us can do it all alone. It takes a powerful person to ask for guidance and assistance.
4) Accept. What we resist, persists. We tend to increase stress when we cannot accept what is so. Accepting reality, making no more or no less of it, allows for peace of mind. Like the Serenity Prayer states, “Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
5) Balance between others and self. Some of us are so busy serving others (hello, mothers!) that we forget about ourselves. Others are so self-absorbed, they forget there are others on the planet. Finding your own happy medium between the two diminishes stress.
Remember, there is good stress and bad stress. Good stress might be feeling overwhelmed by your job. Bad stress might be not having a job at all. Hypnosis can help you to simplify, trust, ask for help, accept the current situation, and balance between others and yourself. Remember, too, that your constant self-talk is a form of hypnosis in and of itself. Make sure you are staying positive in how you view your reality, so that your self-hypnosis is positive!
May all your stress be good!
Read more posts by Nancy Irwin, PsyD, C.Ht, Therapeutic Hypnotist, Author and JenningsWire Blogger.