Ellen Jovin is the creator of the Words & Worlds of New York website, a unique resource for people seeking to enrich their travel experiences by learning a bit of the local language before arriving. Sounds great – but who has the time to take a class and learn a new language? Ellen is here to offer tips to help busy people teach themselves!
Language-Learning Tools for the Intrepid Traveler
- How did you go about studying all those languages?
- How can other people go about studying on their own?
- How does language-learning affect one’s travel experiences? Why not just take along a phrasebook?
- What are some common language-learning myths that get in people’s way, and how can you help them overcome them?
- What if you have time to learn just a little before a trip? Is that still worth it?
To find out more about Ellen’s language-learning tips and product reviews, please visit her website Words & Worlds of New York. She is constantly adding more resources and languages!
This podcast is presented by Annie Jennings, of the National Publicity Firm, Annie Jennings PR and the creator of JenningsWire online magazine. JenningsWire is capturing the heart of America with its rich community of talented, insightful and relevant bloggers and podcasters!
If you are using a mobile device, please click here.