As an author of a very popular managing fear book, I sometimes wonder what happens to successful people when they lose their fame.
Here are some suggestions I came up with on how what a person can do when their fame disappears.
- Plan Ahead of Time. I realized that a person can’t remain popular indefinitely. There will be a time when someone else will steal the spot light. As a successful author, I recommend that a person understands the process of fame which comes and goes and to adjust accordingly.
- Do Not Disregard Your Relationships. Your friends and family will be with you for your entire life while your fame may only last for a short time. Good relationships can last for a lifetime. Do not sacrifice your relationships over money and success.
- Make The Smart Choices. When the cameras disappear, it will just be you, your family and closest friends. Don’t allow being in the spotlight to affect your decision making which can affect your personal life and career in the long run.
- You Can’t Remain On Top Forever. A celebrity may be the talk of the town today, but tomorrow is a whole other story. There are millions of people who are also trying to be in the spotlight. You will not remain on top for long; it only makes sense to focus on what is best for you in the long-run.
- Take Things In Stride. As an author I realize that it can be difficult when everyone comes at you at different angles when you are popular and famous. Remember to take things one at a time and do not make rash decisions without going over the details and facts. Do not let other people rush you into doing things that make you will regret later.
The last thing you want to do is to get addicted to your fame and success. If you are not sure of what to do in when you lose your fame and popularity, then talk to a professional who can give you additional advice.