Ruth Marimo is the author of the new book, OUTsider: Crossing Borders. Breaking Rules. Gaining Pride, a memoir detailing her experiences living under the shadows of being illegal in a foreign country, surviving domestic violence in an interracial marriage, and denying her identity as a lesbian woman having been raised in a deeply homophobic society.
OUTsider: Crossing Borders. Breaking Rules. Gaining Pride
- What does it mean to be undocumented? What does an undocumented person look like?
- How does misogyny and homophobia impact women like you who come from third world nations?
- Why does immigration reform matter?
- Why are laws like VAWA ‘Violence Against Woman Act’ imperative?
- What will it take to close the racial disparity that continues to plague American society?
For more information, visit Ruth’s website www.ruthmarimo.com and connect with her via facebook, RuthMarimoAuthor or Twitter @marimoruth. OUTsider is available nationwide and on nook and kindle, readers can learn more by visiting www.scoutpublishingllc.com
This podcast is presented by Annie Jennings, of the National Publicity Firm, Annie Jennings PR and the creator of JenningsWire online magazine. JenningsWire is capturing the heart of America with its rich community of talented, insightful and relevant bloggers and podcasters! Please visit Jenningswire.com and discover the blogger just right for you.
If you are using a mobile device, please click here.