Have you ever awakened in the middle of the night to re-hash a conversation that happened yesterday, or even years ago? Ever stalked someone online, at work, or found yourself holed up in the trunk of a lover’s car so you could be “close” to them? If you find yourself frazzled, anxiety-ridden and perplexed by people, places or things, you might be codependent. In this podcast Misti B. will teach you how to lighten up a bit, if you are!
Misti writes humorous books about life on the road to recovery writing If You Leave Me, Can I Come With You? 365 Daily Humorous Meditations for Al-Anons & Codependents. Writing kept Misti’s mind busy and allowed her to shine some light into normally very dark spaces while on her own journey to recovery from codependence.
5 Ways To Tell If You’re Codependent
- What is codependency, and does it REALLY affect people’s lives?
- What are five signs of codependence?
- Why is humor important when it comes to recovering from codependency?
- In your book, you describe codependents and Al-Anons as “the silent sufferers, the hall monitors of the world, and their lives are the stuff of country music lyrics.” What do you mean?
- How can someone cultivate humor when things are going wrong?
Check out Misti B.’s book, If You Leave Me, Can I Come With You? 365 Daily Humorous Meditations for Al-Anons & Codependents on Amazon, and visit her website www.lightstepper.com, which focuses on humor in recovery.
Misti B.’s second book, Forgive Us Our Debts, Please! 365 Daily Meditations for Debtors, Compulsive Spenders, and Underearners will be available for sale at the end of 2014.You can also follow Misti on Facebook and Twitter @MistiBWrites
This podcast is presented by Annie Jennings, of the National Publicity Firm, Annie Jennings PR and the creator of JenningsWire online magazine. JenningsWire is capturing the heart of America with its rich community of talented, insightful and relevant bloggers and podcasters! Please visit Jenningswire.com and discover the blogger just right for you.
If you are using a mobile device, please click here