Lisa Cohn, who with her 6-year-old son, Michael, wrote their first children’s book, “Bash and Lucy Fetch Confidence,” together to help them overcome grief over the loss of their dog, Lucy. Since then, they’ve won two awards for their books and shared their love of reading and writing with kids across the world. They have appeared on the Today Show, on SiriusXM Radio, in Disney’s Babble and other media. Lisa has invited her son, Michael to join in as well.
The Power of Reading & Writing For Kids
- What launched your journey and what can others learn from it?
- What are the benefits of following your hearts in the way that you and Michael followed yours?
- What have you personally learned from this journey about the power of the written word?
- Do you have any tips for parents about instilling a love of reading in their kids?
- Michael, what part of the “Bash and Lucy” books did you write?
Lisa and Michael’s first book, Bash and Lucy Fetch Confidence, was a Mom’s Choice Silver Award Winner, and Finalist, USA Best Book Awards. They just released their second “Bash and Lucy” book, also award-winning. Michael, along with his mom, reviews books on his YouTube channel and shares his love of reading and writing with kids across the globe via Skype and in person. Visit Lisa and Michael at www.BashAndLucy.com
This podcast is presented by Annie Jennings, of the National Publicity Firm, Annie Jennings PR and the creator of JenningsWire online magazine. JenningsWire is capturing the heart of America with its rich community of talented, insightful and relevant bloggers and podcasters! Please visit Jenningswire.com and discover the blogger just right for you.