If your goal is to live longer, to live your best life and to contribute to society in a positive way, you are not alone.
In fact, when you examine the potential and influence of boomers today, it is truly remarkable how much they do contribute to society.
Many are first-time entrepreneurs, are back in school, are consulting, speaking, writing and sharing their expertise to eager listeners.
When I turned 50, I shifted away from my 9-5 job into the world of internet marketing and I haven’t looked back.
Not only is it exciting, but it’s fulfilling, rewarding and very profitable. I love what I do now and everyday is an adventure in meeting new people and exploring new venues.
You, too, can finally live out your dreams, fulfill your purpose and balance out the quality of your life.
There’s a new expectation about living longer and a greater hope for living a better, more vital life – one that is long, meaningful and truly special.
Here are some things you can do to keep yourself ageless and boost your spirit:
1. The “glass-half-full attitude” is the best way to approach the rest of your life, because it keeps you thinking positively, and reduces stress.
2. Use your passion to create new directions. In other words, when you feel strongly about something, negative and positive thoughts both exude high levels of energy. Why not use that energy to direct yourself towards new ventures, new possibilities or new learning experiences that will enhance and revitalize your life? Why not get excited about something that you’ve always wanted to do, and finally explore the possibility of creating it?
3. You can spend all day complaining about your life and how things could be better, or you can appreciate what is good about it and be grateful. Complaining only lessens the quality of your experiences and keeps you in a negative mindset. Gratitude for all that you have will give you a calmer, more peaceful view of life, which increases your overall well-being.
4. You don’t “need” a sense of humor, but if you want to feel connected with others, you’d better find one. Because it feels good to laugh, you should always take humor seriously and have fun with it. Besides, it’s truly healthy to laugh and enjoy your life.
5. Prioritize your life. What are the things most important to you? Your relationship with your children? The comfort of your home? Your social life with friends and family? Be sure all those areas are met, because that will bring you the greatest peace and joy.
George Burns once said, “You can’t help getting older, but you don’t have to get old.” So live your life creatively and with gusto because there is nothing more beautiful than a smile on your face and a skip to your walk to keep you feeling young and alive!